Diabetes Youth Auckland is run by a volunteer committee. The DYA Committee is comprised of parents of children/teens who have diabetes and young adults with T1D. We employ a Youth Coordinator part-time to manage events, camps and communications, so volunteers are an important part of our organisation.
You can show your support by joining us on the DYA Committee.
You can also volunteer by helping out at camps and events. We always need volunteer medical staff to safely run our camps and we also need young adults with diabetes who can act as role models, mentors and group leaders.
You can also get involved by fundraising for us; run a mufti day at your school; have your business sponsor us or nominate us as your chosen charity when completing a sporting event.
You can contribute and make a difference by:
- Signing up to volunteer as a Youth Leader at one of our camps
- Contributing articles or stories to our email newsletter Youth Buzz and our website
- Assisting at camps e.g. being camp mum or dad, providing medical support
- Organising small fundraising events at your workplace or local school e.g. mufti day, bake sale, sponsored challenge
- Nominating us as your charity of choice when competing in a sports event
- Participating in DYA fundraising activities e.g. marketing, selling tickets, event management
- Approaching organisations for corporate sponsorship for our events and initiatives
- Donating auction items and raffle prizes
- Raising awareness of diabetes e.g. contacting local media with personal stories
- Joining the DYA committee or a specific sub committee
- Proposing ideas for initiatives that will benefit youth and their families