Will you take on the challenge?
Join us for Round the Bays on March 4th. We’re working to raise more money and greater awareness of the work that we do, supporting people living with diabetes in Auckland, as well as the near 1,000 young people also living with the condition. Round the Bays is an 8.4km course, from the Auckland CBD to St Heliers. You can run, jog or walk the course – we want as many people as possible to take part and support Diabetes NZ Auckland Branch. It’s also a great opportunity to get involved with your workmates, maybe creating a team with your colleagues for some friendly competition or as a means of team building.
How to get started
- Join Ports of Auckland Round the Bays 2018 with Team Diabetes
- Make sure you select the Diabetes New Zealand – Auckland Branch in the ‘Run for a reason’ section and use the voucher code DIABETES to get your discounted ticket for $12
Why not ask your workmates or friends to join you!
Run, walk or jog for Diabetes
As part of ‘Team Diabetes’ for the Ports of Auckland Round the Bays 2018, we will support you with:
- $12 registration ticket when you fundraise for Diabetes (that’s a $20 discount!)
- Free T-shirt when you raise over $50 (sizes need to be confirmed by 16 Feb)
- Online fundraising web page & support
- ‘Team Diabetes’ support crew to cheer you on the day
- Post-race hospitality and celebration at Glover Park
- Being part of a great supportive team on the day!
- Top fundraiser will win a Fitbit.
On the day
Collect your race Bib from Round the Bays before the big day. You should receive an email from them once you register.
There will be official event shuttle buses running between the start and finish line for $6.00 – tickets can be purchased with EFTPOS or cash before boarding.
Before the race we’ll meet from 8.50am – 9.15am outside Waldorf Stadium Apartment, 40 Beach Road. Feel free to dress up in Team Diabetes Blue.
After the race we’d love you to join us in our celebration tent for a light snack. Our ambassador Sir Peter Leitch (the Mad Butcher) will be providing some free sausage.