Join Team Diabetes for Round the Bays
Run, walk, or jog with us on Sunday 3 March 2019
Join Team Diabetes for Ports of Auckland Round the Bays and fundraise to help provide much-needed support for our community-based prevention and awareness programmes. Programmes like our mobile awareness service that visits communities across Auckland providing information and testing for those most at risk of diabetes.
Your effort will also help support and educate children with type 1 and their families as they learn how to live with confidence with a medical condition.
How to join Team Diabetes
We would love you to join our team, raise awareness and make a real difference through your fundraising efforts! We receive no government funding to support our services, so your support is vital!
Register to run, walk or jog
- Register on the Ports of Auckland Round the Bays website
- Select Diabetes NZ – Auckland for your charity
- Register before 31 Dec 2018, use the voucher code RTB19Diabetes to get your a 30% discount off your entry fee
Start Your Challenge
- Pick a name, pick a photo, pick a team
- Set-up your fundraising page on everydayhero. Donate to yourself and start the ball rolling
- Tell everyone, share your story, spread the word and your progress
- Start your training
- We will keep you up to date with the latest information
Fundraise for Diabetes NZ – Auckland
When you join and fundraise for Team Diabetes you are doing it for a great cause.
And we will support you with:
- 30% off the entry fee when you register for Team Diabetes before 31 December 2018
- Online fundraising web page & support
- ‘Team Diabetes’ support crew to cheer you on the day
- Post-race hospitality and celebration at Glover Park
- Being part of a great supportive team on the day!
- Be in to win some great prizes. The top fundraiser wins a Fitbit!
Why fundraise for diabetes
Diabetes is a serious health issue which is damaging lives all over Auckland.
- On average, there are 20 new diabetes diagnoses in Auckland every day
- 1 in 3 Pacific adults aged 45 has diabetes type 2
- There are 900 youth diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in Auckland
- We’re trying to prevent diabetes through free screening, awareness talks and education programmes.
- We also provide help for people with diabetes with resources and support groups.
Join the cheer squad!
- If you can’t take part, you can volunteer.
- Just send an email to email@example.com
On the day
Collect your race Bib from Round the Bays before the big day. You should receive an email from them once you register.
There will be official event shuttle buses running between the start and finish line for $6.00 – tickets can be purchased with EFTPOS or cash before boarding.
Before the race we’ll meet from 8.50am – 9.15am outside Waldorf Stadium Apartment, 40 Beach Road. Feel free to dress up in Team Diabetes Blue.
After the race we’d love you to join us in our celebration tent for a light snack.