Auckland Marathon – 1st of November:
We need volunteers to help support Team Diabetes, a group of individuals who are fundraising and walking/running on behalf of us at the Auckland Marathon on the 1st of November! Completing a quarter, half or full marathon is a great physical and mental challenge and we are looking forward to having a fantastic day celebrating our walkers and runners achievement.
Are you keen to help us run the post-race event on the day to celebrate their hard work and success? It will be an early start but a really fun day to be involved in, the more the merrier!
- Assist us on the day at our tent site with a range of tasks, from helping with set up/pack down to being part of our cheer squad supporting Team Diabetes as they cross the finish line.
- Be comfortable standing/moving around for 4.5 hours from 6am onwards – two shifts available, 6am – 10.30am and 9.30am – 2pm.
- Flexible and happy to work closely with a big group of people
- SMILE, be friendly and enthusiastic in celebrating our amazing Marathon walkers and runners success!
- Stay committed and turn up on the day
To register your interest, please send the following information to email@example.com.
Your name, contact number, shift you are available for, if you will be bringing anyone along with you on the day and your address to send your t-shirt to or if you can pick it up from our office in Onehunga.
Countdown Collection – 14th of November (World Diabetes Day)
Help us at our annual collection at Countdown stores around Auckland on World Diabetes Day, Saturday the 14th of November. This year we are aiming to raise over $7,000 and we need your help! We are looking for both Area Supervisors that can be available throughout the whole day for us as well as Volunteers that are willing to just donate 2 hours of their time during the day.
- Be comfortable standing for 2 hours – three shifts available, 10-12pm, 12-2pm and 2pm-4pm at Countdown stores around Auckland.
- Confident with engaging with the public
- SMILE, be friendly and enthusiastic to anyone that approaches you
- Stay committed and turn up on the day as arranged with us
To register your interest, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Your name, contact number, shift and area you are interested in volunteering / or if you’re keen to be an Area Supervisor and if you will be bringing anyone along with you on the day.